Wow.. rarely has a tool so drastically changed what and how i deliver, but lately I have been totally immersed in the node world on a project I am working on, and I have upped my skills and tools drastically to something that rivals what i was making with WCF and MVC worlds of Microsoft. What I really like is how direct it is to getting something working; no fighting with web server setup or permissions; Config files will be only as complicated as you make them; Routes don’t “magically” appear unless you add them.
So here’s my setup:
- OS.. I use all and the beauty is is works across all of them
- IDE – WebStorm from Jetbrains.. love love love this tool, gives me debugging, code inspection, autocomplete, version control.
- JS Frameworks – jQuery, Bootstrap, DataTables, HTML5 Sortable, TouchSwipe
- Node Modules – Express, Socket.io, Connect, Passport, Mongoose
- View Templates – Jade
- Database – mongoDB
- Cloud Providers – Heroku, MongoLab