These days you can do some very amazing things with CSS but it is not always obvious for those just starting out or can be time consuming to the more advanced folks. Here are a few of the tools that just make it a little better and faster. We have tried to narrow this list down to just the tools that we not only find cool, but also the ones that we ourselves use when making or maintaing a site.
- http://bearcss.com/ – BearCSS let’s you build out your HTML file how you want and then just upload it to BearCSS and it will automagically build out your CSS stylesheet with all your classes and objects stubbed out.
- http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fontface/generator – FontSquirrel’s fontface generator is pretty amazing. Upload a ttf font file and it will convert it to all the web font file formats and stub out the css class for you to include to get inline web fonts.
- http://www.css3.me/ – A quick and dirty little tool that makes it easy to design boxes with all the curved corners, gradients, and shadows and still make it work cross browser.
- http://www.spritecow.com/ – Ever have a sprite image file and need to map out all the locations of your sprites on it? SpriteCow makes that fast
- http://styleneat.com/ – You know how when you are working on your css and eventually it gets all messy and you can’t find anything and your OCD kicks in and you try to clean it up and it is a pain and you think man i wish there was a tool to do this? no? just me… ok