OS X Auditor is a free Mac OS X computer forensics tool.
OS X Auditor parses and hashes the following artifacts on the running system or a copy of a system you want to analyze:
- the kernel extensions
- the system agents and daemons
- the third party’s agents and daemons
- the old and deprecated system and third party’s startup items
- the users’ agents
- the users’ downloaded files
- the installed applications
- the users’ quarantined files
- the users’ Safari history, downloads, topsites, LastSession, HTML5 databases and localstore
- the users’ Firefox cookies, downloads, formhistory, permissions, places and signons
- the users’ Chrome history and archives history, cookies, login data, top sites, web data, HTML5 databases and local storage
- the users’ social and email accounts
- the WiFi access points the audited system has been connected to (and tries to geolocate them)
- It also looks for suspicious keywords in the .plist themselves.