Why you should upgrade?
AngularJS is dead and reached its end of life which means there will be no more releases and support in the future. Angular 2 comes with a lot of cool features. I summarised the most important and relevant features on the following list:
- Speed & Performance (supposedly 100 x faster than AngularJS)
- Supports code generation with angular-cli, web workers and virtual DOM
- UI framework Angular Material 2 (Material Design components built on top of Angular 2)
- Mobile optimized (hybrid apps should run faster and smoother)
- Develop object oriented and type safe using the TypeScript language, which introduces the following improvements: Class-based Object Oriented Programming, Static Typing, Generics, Lambdas etc...
- Supports TDD (Test Driven Development) and BDD (Behaviour Driven Development)
- Frequency of public updates, fixes and releases: Angular 2 is updated at least once in a month. And the next major releases of Angular 4, 5 or 6 are not far far away. So you should do an upgrade as soon as possible.
- Lazy loading feature, what is that?